Leila Henry
805
Creating this blog benefited me a lot as a reader and a writer. It has made me a lot more aware of everything that I was reading. Also it made it sure that I would read more because we had a post due, mostly about a book, every two weeks. This meant that for the most part I was finishing a book every two weeks. Writing online was different than writing in a notebook for several reasons. First of all I think that when I was typing everything felt a lot more finalized so I really was editing and revising as I went along. Also, because I was writing online, it was pretty guaranteed that many people I know would see it. Because of this, I wanted it to be as professional as I could make it, which meant that I tried my best on each post. Also, because I knew that many people would be reading my posts, I felt that it could also be pretty limiting in some ways as well. I felt like I definitely couldn’t get as personal online then I could have in my notebook.
There is no doubt that people online create online personalities that project the best of themselves. People like to brag about themselves online and try to only show the good parts in their lives. By doing this, I don’t think it is abusing the freedom that online sites give you because technically, you aren’t really lying to anyone. When someone says something online, whether it is good or bad, I think that it is still abusing the site. This is because they would never say that to a person in real life so they are in a sense, lying to the other person. Also, when someone says something like that online, it will make them more likely to say it to them in person. If what they said was a good thing, then that’s obviously great, but, when it’s a bad thing is when real severe bullying becomes a problem.
Overall, I really did enjoy keeping a blog. If I don’t keep up with this one, I think that I probably will create another blog at some point in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment